WEDDING WEDNESDAY : How to pick your music well







Happy Wednesday! Todays post is rather special to us, because it links in within our engagement and happy times together. I'll be sharing how we picked the important songs for the wedding and how you can also decide for the day, and links that could help if you're not really a music type of person.


To start this post off, Josh and I were sitting in his lounge room one afternoon when the new Ed Sherin song 'Thinking out loud', came on for the first time.  We both looked at each other after a few lines of the songs, and we just knew....weirdly enough, it was 'our song'. Yes we are that romantic type, having our little songs and sayings for each other. Don't judge.

Anyways, every time we heard it, we blasted it and sung it to each other in the car or lounge room.
One particular day, it was my birthday and Joshua had the day off with me, we chilled out and went for a walk to our favourite little spot. This spot had a beautiful wharf, and at the time the sun was setting. We eventually made it to the end of the wharf after some time of chatting, taking photos, to which he wanted me to sit with him on the bench. He started saying all this beautiful stuff to me, you know, all that romantic stuff....anyways, he then asked if I wanted to dance with him...he popped our song on and we together danced at the end of the wharf. After a few minutes, he then dropped to his knee and asked me to marry him....YES!

That was our song, and we used it for our first dance, we created a little routine for it, but when we actually did it, we just free styled it, and made it more fun. That song, 'thinking out loud' was perfect for the first dance and everyone loved joining in, with their partners afterwards.













For the Processional song, I've been to soooooo many weddings where all I ever hear is Brooke Fraser, and don't get me wrong, her music is lovely, it's just so over done now. I wanted a piece that no one had ever heard, it was original and something that would make everyone cry, haha. 

Good old Spotify helped me picked the one song, and I found it through stumbling the browse section, after I heard this duet couple, JonnySwim, I knew they had to be it. I trawled through all their songs, and eventually found the song!!! Its stunning and every word fitted perfectly, for the love that Josh and I have. 




Heres some of the lyrics



We don’t need calligraphy
To write a fancy story
Kings and Queens return to thieves
To find what we’ve been holding
You and Me
We can take the world.

Oh sweethearts give sweet compliments
But our love goes without saying
Though you make it hard not to spill my heart
Every time I see you swaying
Darling You and Me
We can take the world. Darling...

Cause they can write stories
They can sing songs
But they don’t make fairy tales 
Sweeter than ours
They can climb mountains
High into the sky
But they can’t take the world
Oh…Like we can take the world

Oh I can see 
The future you and me we last forever
In the rising tide
No fear or fight
That we can’t face together
Darling You and Me
We can take the world








When picking a song, for when you walk down the aisle, remember it's the one song that you'll remember for the rest of your lives. Every time we heard it come on our shuffle playlist, we always stop and smile, and I'll try hold back a joyful tear.



Spotify can help so much, with making playlists, finding original songs and it's easy to have on your phones and iPads for the time of the wedding, we upgraded to Premium for that amount of time of the wedding.



Last but not least, this is a different take on for the Groom and his groomsmen. 







My Husband wanted his 'walk in' song and moment, and I said, "well why not, our wedding is suppose to be full of fun and laughter". I trusted whatever he wanted to do, everyone would appreciate it and love it.



He choose Bruno Mars newest song, 'Uptown Funk', where all his groomsmen had a moment dancing down the aisle, and then eventually my husband came down, in time for the famous Bruno routine from the video; the boys all learnt the dance the night before and nailed it. Of course, I didn't see it, until after the wedding from his Aunty who had video it all, it was so hilarious! Everyone LOVED it, and was in fits of laughter and joining in with the dancing.




Overall, we had fun creating our music to suit our personalities and love. We found Spotify and Pinterest to be of great help. There were so many lists of songs that everyone has heard of before at weddings, I do recommend, using the Browse button on Spotify, which then leads you to new talent, and it recognises the music you like and links you to similar artists, easy isn't it! Takes time to find those perfect songs but its worth it for an amazing day that you'll remember forever.


xx








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.